The Nipomo Dog and Cat Hospital (NDCH) was established in 2008 and has a staff of 5 veterinarians who treat, on average, 30 dogs and cats a day. From the beginning, the hospital was confronted by a community need for pro bono work, particularly in two areas: the treatment and subsequent adoption of homeless dogs and cats, and the inability of low-income households to pay for a spay, neuter, and life-saving surgeries. Our clientele not only come from the Nipomo community but all cities in San Luis Obispo County.
The Mission of the Animals In Need Fund is to reduce animal suffering by:
- Preventing overpopulation with our low/no-cost spay-neuter programs
- Rescuing high-risk cats/kittens from the county shelters and rehoming them through our partnership with PETCO
- Accepting dogs into our foster program, as foster home availability allows
- Providing no-interest loans to qualifying families whose pet is facing a medical emergency
- Our commitment to community outreach and education
Donations are tax-deductible. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. All funds are used to care for dogs and cats so they can be adopted into loving homes or stay with the families who love them, rather than euthanized.
Donations are tax deductible.